Saturday, December 31, 2005

I Finished Sewing the Baby Bedding!


HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE! I can finally say that one of my three major sewing projects is complete. This is the second set of baby bedding I have sewed (first was for Grace and later used by Jack). Both times I have sewed the bumper, a quilt, and the bed skirt. It is always a labor of love and helps to pass the time as the baby grows.


Today, the Ragazzi crib was pulled out of storage and I spent the next hour decalcifying (demilking) and adding a fresh lather of furniture cream to the wood. Six years ago, I purchased the crib for a decent sale price. It was a bit of a splurge, but I had hoped that the 15 yr/3 child warranty would hold. After a light remoisturizing it looked exactly like the day I had pulled it out of the box two children and 6 years ago.

Ken and I put it all together this afternoon. After a little furniture rearranging in Grace's room, it looks like thankfully the girls will both fit. Grace, sensing impending changes ahead, commented with a smile that her room will never be the same again...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bedding is just gorgeous. I guess all you need now is the baby to put in the crib.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home