Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Last One Standing

In our church of about 400 people, 8 of us were due to have a baby in January. The big joke was that we were going to send the nursery at church into an instant overcapacity crisis. I had a feeling, (knowing my history to be late), that I would be the last woman standing. Both sets of twins went earlier than their due date, (as to be expected), one friend had her little boy last week, and one of the ladies from my Bible Study is having her little boy induced today. My Bible Study buddy, was due the same week as myself.

Who the others are at the moment, I cannot recall -- but I FEEL like the last one standing, and I still have two weeks to go, before my due date. I really thought Baby Faith would punch her way out of here on her own, but I am starting to have some doubts. I don't expect her to be punching now as she's still got at least two weeks left to primp before her big debut. But for some reason, being the last one standing two weeks before I expected to be the last one standing, is a little harder to swallow. And, chances are that I still have at least three weeks in front of me, and not two.

It's not a big deal I suppose. Just a mite bit depressing. All tasks seem to take twice as long with three times as much effort to execute. Everything from clipping my toenails to vacuuming the floor. My muscles are so loose from the relaxing hormones in my body, that I can pull a muscle just folding clothes. In addition, I've slept great the last few days. No Braxton Hicks hardly at all. And for some reason, that's depressing!! I should be rejoicing. In fact, I prayed specifically to the Lord the other night, that He would pave the way for me to have a full nights rest. He answered my prayer, and now restful sleep has me concerned. DUH!

OIY. I think this officially marks the "Hormonal" part of my pregnancy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember feeling the same way when my oldest was born (19 days late). I look at him now at age 17 and it was so worth all the wait.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home